This article is dedicated to all my fellow Indian Authors & Bloggers on Medium.
The struggle has come to an end , for all the writers out there who have dug the deepest corners of the web in search for a way to make a living out of writing.
Yes, you can earn from blogging , Yes from Medium, Yes even if you are from India or Brazil.
Let me show you how; but before that let’s understand the current scenario :
- Offers a preview mode for India, where you can create an account but with limited features with it’s own share of restrictions
- Uses stripe as the sole source of payout
- while Stripe may have countries that are available in beta or preview mode (such as India and Brazil), Medium is currently unable to fully support these countries.
- To join the Medium Partner Program and start earning revenue based on member engagement, Medium requires you to create a Stripe account and link your bank account or debit card.
Let’s see how we can tackle this issue..
Where there’s a will there’s a way
- Enroll in Medium Partner Program
- Make your stories eligible to earn money & submit them for curator review.
- Setup a Stripe account and link it to medium
Note: If you’re a student & have a Github account linked with your learners credentials (.edu mail ID) you can get Waived payment processing fees on ₹ 71,200.00 in card payment volume.
- Once verified & approved you will get a Payoneer receiving account
Your own international bank details for getting paid by companies and marketplaces globally.
- Link this Payoneer receiving accounts details (Bank name, Account number & Routing (ABA)) to your Stripe account
- There is NO step 5 you’are DONE with the process, now what’s left to do is write & inspire & watch your bank balance grow.